Public Information Act Requests
All requests for public information, including student directory information, must be submitted in writing. Written requests should include enough description and detail to accurately identify and locate the documents requested.
- By mail or in person to the Communications Office, Belton ISD Administration Building, 400 North Wall Street, Belton, TX 76513
- By fax to the attention of Elizabeth Cox, Executive Director of Communications and Community Engagement, at 254-215-2001
- By email to email@example.com
- A response may take up to 10 business days as defined in the Public Information Act Handbook attached below.
General Facts on Public Information Act Requests (Source: 2018 Public Information Handbook - Office of the Attorney General).
- A governmental body must make a good faith effort to relate a request to information that it holds.
- A governmental body may ask a requestor to clarify a request for information if the request is unclear.
- Section 552.222(b) provides that if a large amount of information has been requested, the governmental body may discuss with the requestor how the scope of the request might be narrowed, but the governmental body may not inquire into the purpose for which information will be used.
- A governmental body may make inquiries of a requestor in order to establish proper identification.
- It is implicit in several provisions of the Act that it applies only to information already in existence.
For a review of the entire publication, see the Public Information Act Handbook